About Me

My photo
By day I'm a propeller-head geek. I design software for electronic components for a major automotive supplier. When I'm not earning a paycheck, I enjoy playing music -- primarily jazz and classical but I dabble in other genres as well. I also compose, arrange, and play with electronic gadgets and toys. My other hobbies include photography, colored pencil drawing, genealogy, model railroading, and crosswords.

Friday, June 06, 2014

Lunch Walk 06 Jun 2014

Starting to see more flowers blooming and a variety of butterflies. I haven't been able to photography any butterflies yet for a couple of reasons: 1) I haven't carried my trusty 100mm macro lens and 2) they're just too darn fast!

Lots of Robins today. One of them even let me fairly close while he posed for me.


My first Cedar Waxwing sighting of the year:


That same feisty Red-winged Blackbird, protecting the nest - got him in flight today.



And a funny little squirrel:


Also spotted a hummingbird sitting on a high-up branch - too far and too back-lit to get a good image.

No comments: