About Me

My photo
By day I'm a propeller-head geek. I design software for electronic components for a major automotive supplier. When I'm not earning a paycheck, I enjoy playing music -- primarily jazz and classical but I dabble in other genres as well. I also compose, arrange, and play with electronic gadgets and toys. My other hobbies include photography, colored pencil drawing, genealogy, model railroading, and crosswords.

Thursday, July 03, 2014

Lunch Walk 3 Jul 2014

It had just stopped raining an hour or two before lunch today and it looked like the skies were clearing, so I chanced a walk. The temperature was in the low 60's - almost too cool for short sleeves - but walking kept me warm enough. The macro lens got another workout today, although I wish I had a long lens along for a couple of opportunities - the first of which was this little hopper:


Fortunately, he let me get fairly close. This image is cropped down about 50%. The rest of the photos are unedited jpegs straight out of the camera. Check my Flickr photostream for processed images.

Then I encountered this damselfly:




This moth was drying out on a tree:


The wild raspberries are ripening:


A couple flies and a beetle of some sort (which was quite a challenge to get a good image of):






Some Black-eyed Susans, one with a bug:




Experimenting with water on foliage:


Thistles are starting to bloom as well:


Finally, a couple of Turkey Vultures were soaring near the trail head. This is the other opportunity for which I wish I had a long lens.


No comments: