About Me

My photo
By day I'm a propeller-head geek. I design software for electronic components for a major automotive supplier. When I'm not earning a paycheck, I enjoy playing music -- primarily jazz and classical but I dabble in other genres as well. I also compose, arrange, and play with electronic gadgets and toys. My other hobbies include photography, colored pencil drawing, genealogy, model railroading, and crosswords.

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Fitting a Round Peg into a Square Hole

I received an iPod nano for Christmas. It's just what I wanted but I was not looking forward to moving the 400+ albums I had in Windows Media Player - complete with album art - into iTunes. My anxiety was warranted: the result was a disaster. So, I took the opportunity to completely re-rip my entire CD library into iTunes. I chose to keep working with the mp3 format but bumped up the resolution from 128 kbps to 192 kbps. I must say that iTunes seems to do a slightly better job of finding album art than WMP, though I still found many albums for which I had to manually paste an image (either found on the web or scanned from the original).

No comments: