About Me

My photo
By day I'm a propeller-head geek. I design software for electronic components for a major automotive supplier. When I'm not earning a paycheck, I enjoy playing music -- primarily jazz and classical but I dabble in other genres as well. I also compose, arrange, and play with electronic gadgets and toys. My other hobbies include photography, colored pencil drawing, genealogy, model railroading, and crosswords.

Monday, August 25, 2014

Lunch Walk 25 Aug 2014

The temperature was pushing 90 degrees today and the humidity was high. I was hoping to find more butterflies but there was not much activity by either insects or birds. There were the usual Common Darter Dragonflies - they seem to be as abundant an Cabbage White butterflies.


I did spot this giant grasshopper in a little clearing beside the trail. I wanted to stay with it and get more photos but the flies and bees buzzing around me were just too annoying. And the sun was beating down from a mostly clear sky.



No comments: