About Me

My photo
By day I'm a propeller-head geek. I design software for electronic components for a major automotive supplier. When I'm not earning a paycheck, I enjoy playing music -- primarily jazz and classical but I dabble in other genres as well. I also compose, arrange, and play with electronic gadgets and toys. My other hobbies include photography, colored pencil drawing, genealogy, model railroading, and crosswords.

Monday, April 25, 2005

New PDA

I got my eye on a new gadget: a Treo 650 Palm PDA/Phone. My current phone and my current PDA are both over five years old. It's about time to replace both of them. Why not kill two birds with one stone? Verizon (my cellular carrier) will be offering the Treo 650 beginning sometime next month. My only reservation is sacrificing analog service as a fallback. The Treo is digital only and digital converage in Michigan is not as extensive as the analog coverage. But I'm gambling that that will change in the next few years.

No comments: